Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Preface to Blogging

I have decided that I have waited too long for great things to happen. After learning from my, and mostly from others', experiences I realized that I must take action in order for me to see great things happen. And I suppose it is not necessarily important that I personally see great things happen, but that great things happen because I exist and chose to do something good. I have also realized that the great things that I want to accomplish are or will be a culmination of many small things. I intend for this blog to be one of those small things and hope that it is great for someone, if not for myself.

I am calling this my preface and may from time to time edit this entry but there are a few things that I want to mention that have inspired me most to begin this blog:

The greatest good that I know and that which I have chosen to start my blog with is that of my testimony of Jesus Christ. I know that He lives. I know we must "Come unto Him" to realize our greatest potential. Through His atoning sacrifice we are cleansed and He calls all of God's children to partake of that holy gift. I know that I must make Him the center of my life in order for those 'great things' I desire to come to fruition.

Victoria is the ultimate blessing in my lifetime and I love her more than I can express in words. She believes in me and I want to work hard because I don't want to disappoint her. She knows my failings and weaknesses yet she stills see in me something that I find difficult to see. (I intend to dedicate an entire entry to her)

Caleb and Charlotte (and hopefully more to come) are so dear and precious to me. I want to do the best I can for them so that they will have everything they need to become their best selves. I want them to know that I love them and that their mother and I really do try to do what is best for them (even if they don't like it sometimes).

I have been blessed to have had so many friends influence me for good. My friends growing up were the best friends anyone could ever ask for. I never had to worry about them trying to get me to do something wrong (silly or stupid - yes, nothing wrong). I am awed by the greatness of the people I have been able to meet and become friends with. I want to do the same for them.

My hope is that this blog will inspire all to "Come unto Christ" and "be perfected in Him", that my family will know I love them and know what is most important in my life, and that my friends who have influenced me for good will know that I remain true to my testimony. Ultimately, I hope to find ways to "daily brighten the lives of others".

1 comment: